Bushray Almiqlash

  •  ·  Advanced Member
  • 13 friends
  • 1 votes
  • More

Good afternoon doctors,

I wanted to highlight an important topic for those who are looking for research positions in the US.

First, you will need to look up for postdoctoral research positions, it can be any of the following with varied experience requirements (as an MD you can apply for it directly):

Postdoctoral research fellow

Postdoctoral research associate

Postdoctoral research trainee

Postdoctoral research assistant

You can find these in popular job search platforms such as LinkedIn and Indeed, However, you can directly search for Postdoctoral positions in both hospitals and universities.

They all provide J1 visa. However, the process takes up to 6 months for you to start.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When applying to any of these positions, please note that you should never mention that you're planning for residency either in your resume or interview. Your goal should be in the academic and research field.

Your resume should include previous research and publications. However, years of experience depends on the positions and the employer.

Best of luck to you all.

  • 💓 13
... or jump to: